Which Mercedes-Benz service should I get?
What is service A, A1, A2, B, B1, B2, C, D, E, E1, E2, E3, F, G, H, or + Mercedes Benz service and how do i determine what it is?
The services due are determined by the car based on mileage and time. A-H is a time indicator for how long the service on your car will take to perform (A=1 hour , B=2 hours, max H=8 hours). If you have a + after the service that means you are due for a brake inspection.
The services due can be any combination of 20 possible services. To view the service item(s) that are due, you can call up the service menu in the multifunction display. It will tell you the service code due, but to determine what service the code correlates to, the repair Mercedes Benz vehicle information program (WIS) will have to be called up. The services do vary from vehicle year and model so a service number 5 on one car can be completely different on another car.
Common service items for late model cars using ASSYST PLUS:
- Oil and filter change (12k, 13k, or once a year. Europa Auto recommends changing your oil every 7,500 miles)
- Cabin filter (26k or 2 years)
- Air filter (52k or 4 years. We recommend changing the air filter more often. This is included in our B service.)
- Car inspection (Once per year)
- Brake flush (Once every 2 years)
- Spark plugs (Depends on model usually every 78k, 100k, or every 5 years)
- Fuel filter (65K or 5 years)(Diesel every 26k)
- Charcoal filter (60K or 5 years)
- Transmission flush (Once at 39k 2006 and later model year)
- A1 service (1 year or 13k miles): A service in addition wiper blades.
- A2 service (3 years or 39k miles: A service in addition wiper blades and transmission flush service. 4-matic also has transfer case flush.
- B1 service (2 years or 26k miles): B service (dealer does not change air filter) in addition to brake flush.
- B2 service (4 years or 52k miles): B service (dealer does change air filter) in addition to brake flush.
- E1 service (E class at 50k miles): B service in addition to brake flush. Diesel engine replace fuel filter.
- E2 service (E class at 60k miles): A service in addition to fuel filter (Gasoline), and spark plugs.
- E3 service (E class at 70k miles): B service in addition to brake flush. Diesel engine replace fuel filter.
We offer complimentary service reminder check outs with estimate at Europa Auto. Give us a call or set up an appointment online.
“These mechanics know their stuff! I have a 1985 Mercedes 380SL that needed some motor work. They were amazing! The shop is of the most professional I have ever seen. Very fair pricing. I highly recommend them.