The Mercedes Auto Repair and Maintenance Guide
Don’t let a lapse in Mercedes repair ruin your car. Here’s what you need to know about Mercedes service, auto repair, and maintenance.
As your Mercedes get older it requires more intense Mercedes repair services.
If you know the schedule, you can stay on top of maintenance. Hopefully, then you will never have to take it in for a major repair.
Coupled with your regular interval Mercedes service, this maintenance schedule should keep your car safe.
What Kind Of Mercedes Repair Service Do I need?
Apart from your regular service, you need to get your car in for maintenance at both the 30 and 60 thousand mile markers.
At 30,000 Miles
Your Mercedes Service Will…
- Visually check the brake systems.
- Check the thickness of the brake pads
- Check the chassis and load-bearing components. They will check for damage and corrosion on these parts.
Your Mercedes Service Will…
- Engine oil and filter change.
- Check catches and hinges on your engine hood.
- Check tire pressure and fill if necessary.
- Check spare tire for pressure.
- Replace Wiper Blades If Necessary
Your Mercedes Repair Service Will Check…
- Coolant Levels
- Brake System Fluids
- Power Steering Fluids
- Windshield Washer Fluid
Your Mercedes Service Will Check…
- horns, high beams, and signals.
- car’s exterior lighting and bulbs
- trunk or cargo area lighting
- battery with our Midtronics tester.
- Check your whole washer and headlamp cleaning system.
- Check Your Tire Rotation.
- Inspect Your Tires for damage and measure tread depth.
- Activate tire pressure monitoring system.
We will always give your car a quick drive test to make sure everything is operating smoothly.
At 60,000 Miles
Your Mercedes Repair Service Will…
- Change your engine oil and filter at regular intervals, suggested interval 6,000 miles in Florida
- Check the safety catches on your hood and the hinges there.
- Check the V-belt condition.
- Replace brake fluids.
- Replace combination/dust filters.
- Check the thickness of both your front and rear brake pads.
- Check your tire pressure and inflate them if necessary.
- Check your spare tire pressure and inflate if necessary.
- Check major components for leakage and damage.
- Visually inspect your front axle ball joints and rubber boots.
- visually inspect the condition of your driveshaft flexible discs.
- Visually inspect all of your steering components.
- Replace your spark plugs.
- Check your coolant level.
- Measure your car’s brake system fluids.
- Check your steering system fluids.
- Check your windshield washer system fluid.
- Test Parking Brake Function.
- Check wiper blades and replace if necessary.
- Test seat belts and buckles. Make sure no signs of wear and tear exist. Test for proper function.
- Check your washer and headlamp cleaning system.
- Check your sunroof mechanical system if applicable.
- Inspect your bodywork for paint damage.
- Test your horn, high beam flashers, hazard lights, and turn signals.
- Check your warning lights.
- Check your exterior lighting.
- Inspect your trunk and cargo area lighting.
- Check your headlamps settings.
- Replace headlamp bulbs if necessary.
- Test your battery with our Midtronics testing equipment.
- Rotate your tires.
- Inspect your tires for damage and measure tread depth.
- Check your sealant expiration date.
- Activate the tire pressure monitoring system.
If you live or work in Orlando, it’s just a short drive up the road to Maitland… Bring your Mercedes to Europa Auto for your next service. We care about your Mercedes as if it were our own.