The Maitland Art Center, formerly known as The Research Studio, is a historic site in Maitland, Florida. It was founded and designed by architect and artist J. Andre Smith in 1937 as an artist colony, dedicated to experimental art. Located at 231 West Packwood Avenue.
On November 17, 1982, it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.
The Maitland Art Center is one of the five museums encompassed by the Art & History Museums – Maitland (A&H). The A&H’s Maitland Art Center offers artist residency programs, a variety of art classes for adults and children, professional development for artists, and dynamic programming for art appreciation.